PDA

Visualizza Versione Completa : The Well: sippin_criss

Jeko
28-04-2010, 00:35
Ho da poco finito le prime ore di lezione con il mitico sippin_criss (per chi ancora non lo conoscesse sharkatelo: sippin_criss su pokerstars.com e godete) e sono rimasto molto molto molto molto soddisfatto...Prendero' sicuramente altre ore con lui per perfezionare sempre di piu' il mio gioco...E' una persona competente,preparata e disponibile...Gli ho chiesto se voleva scrivere un messaggio qui su cbet ed e' stato entusiasta di farlo!A breve una sua risposta!!!!!(se avete domande fategliele in inglese anche se gli ho gia insegnato qualke parolaccia LOL)

donriky
28-04-2010, 00:52
Wow, big honour for us, welcome to cbet sir! ;)

I leave the questions to my frineds sng grinders, i am just a donkament player lol :D.

Vladharkon
28-04-2010, 00:56
ai dont spik inglish veri uel :galb: cqm coach hai tutta la mia stima a farti coachare da quel mostro;)

Elle
28-04-2010, 00:59
non posso far altro che scrivere :" trmooon"
:)

p.s.
io e jeko abbiamo pianificato un progetto di split d un paio di pacchetti cn alcuni coach durissimi..
uno d questi e' lui.
;)

Jeko
28-04-2010, 01:05
p.s.
io e jeko abbiamo pianificato un progetto di split d un paio di pacchetti cn alcuni coach durissimi..
uno d questi e' lui.
;)

work in progress

sippin_criss
28-04-2010, 03:12
Thank you guys, nice welcome! I've chatted with some Italian poker players over the years and they have all been nice and friendly. If you have any questions for me go ahead... google translate works well if your English isn't very good also. :)

And yes, Jeko taught me some bad Italian words today hehehe.

imweird
28-04-2010, 03:21
hey hey ;) welcome in... how long ur playin? why didnt u make a level up? btw GG bro !!!!!!!! :D

Nectarus
28-04-2010, 03:29
Thank you guys, nice welcome! I've chatted with some Italian poker players over the years and they have all been nice and friendly. If you have any questions for me go ahead... google translate works well if your English isn't very good also. :)

And yes, Jeko taught me some bad Italian words today hehehe.
Respect bro. I know you and I think you are one of the best sng players around.

My question is.. Why you have never done level-up? Where did you learn to play sngs and how do you improve your playing?

Thank you for being here, hope to see you again and again :)

Nectarus
28-04-2010, 03:32
Ah, togliete fish da sotto il suo nick, altrimenti esplode il server :P

Caesar85
28-04-2010, 03:49
Welcome Sippin_criss! :) Your graphic is simply fantastic, it's a model for us!!!
1. How many tables you play simoultaneosly?
2. Do you play multi-tables tournaments too? Do you play live?
3. Who was your coach? Or are you an autodidact?
4. Do you know "Chi non posta è gay" in this forum? :D
Ty ;)

paolobg
28-04-2010, 12:08
Hi Sipping and welcome to the most respectul poker strategy forum in Italy!

Grats for your perfomamces at the tables which are simply amazing.

Whenever you like here are my two cents' questions for you:

1) How long did it take to you to reach your current success?

2) In percentage, how would you share the time you needed to become
a successful ppp:
Playing experience
Study on books, HH
Coaching
Discussion with other players (forums, etc.)

Ty in advance

GALB
28-04-2010, 12:36
hey hey ;) welcome in... how long ur playin? why didnt u make a level up? btw GG bro !!!!!!!! :D

this

Welcome!!

Paso
28-04-2010, 13:15
Who the hell is Sippin_Criss ??? :galb::galb::galb:

BaZzoR85
28-04-2010, 13:25
sippin!!!! I'm uor big fan:D !! welcome in sir!

How's going our golf career?

p.s: sry for my english :/ :D

drow89
28-04-2010, 13:28
Mi spiegate come è possibile avere un grafico del genere senza uno straccio di downswing? mamma mia è impressionante...

Welcome Sippin!

Peterposter
28-04-2010, 13:30
Welcome aboard sippin!

fm43100
28-04-2010, 13:42
hello sippin pleasure!
What do you think of the player and the game of us Italians?

after questions about poker please come in "who does not post to be gay"

;-)

lorenzissimo
28-04-2010, 13:43
Mi spiegate come è possibile avere un grafico del genere senza uno straccio di downswing? mamma mia è impressionante...

Welcome Sippin!
Ci sono, ci sono!

xerox
28-04-2010, 13:56
ci sono swing da 2k,ma con 50k games non si notano bene nel grafico

rebel
28-04-2010, 13:57
u fish

Il Sommo
28-04-2010, 14:12

Scusate la domanda idiota ma che significano le cifre all'interno delle colonne nel grafico #games per tipo buy-in?

R.

sippin_criss
28-04-2010, 15:28

Thanks dude... I've been playing poker online for almost 5 years now. Started out going busto with $50 playing $0.25/$0.50NL a few times before I got a bankroll going.

I haven't levelled up because I would always only play as much as I need to to pay my bills. I never had motivation to move up and be a millionaire, or be on TV. All I ever wanted was to be able to make an ok living and be comfortable. I finally tried to level up in January and played about 1,000 $27 + $38 sng's on Pokerstars and I lost about $1500. It would have been ok if I had plenty of money saved up, but I didn't so I had to move back down to $16s. I am comfortable there, and don't have to deal with big downswings so it is very relaxing which makes my life better.

Respect bro. I know you and I think you are one of the best sng players around.

My question is.. Why you have never done level-up? Where did you learn to play sngs and how do you improve your playing?

Thank you for being here, hope to see you again and again :)

Hi Nectarus, I just answered the level up question above this. I first learned to play sng's from a player named gidders. In 2005 he had a free website up with videos explaining his play, and he played hyper aggressive in position and got first a lot. After that, it was a lot of work I did on my own with SNGWiz/SNGPT, and then I found 2p2 which helped a lot, and chatted with a few guys on there who helped my game.

The best way I improved my game was spending hundreds of hours studying hands, and I think the best way I improved while playing poker is focussing very hard while I play, making sure I make the best decision as often as possible. Playing a lot of games at a time, it can be very easy to start making small mistakes that become large mistakes, and paying attention to that while you play is important.

Welcome Sippin_criss! :) Your graphic is simply fantastic, it's a model for us!!!
1. How many tables you play simoultaneosly?
2. Do you play multi-tables tournaments too? Do you play live?
3. Who was your coach? Or are you an autodidact?
4. Do you know "Chi non posta è gay" in this forum? :D
Ty ;)

Thanks Caesar!

1. I play 25 tables at a time, and I play in sets
2. I told Jeko this... I don't play MTT's, too much heartbreak to make up for the great moments. I have seen too many people come 3rd in an MTT for $5k or something and be MAD! I never want to be mad about winning $5k lol.
3. I've never had formal coaching, but maybe I should have. Mostly I just taught myself by reading books, watching on TV, reading strategy on the internet... finding every piece of information I could.
4. lol, no I'm not familiar with that on this forum.

Hi Sipping and welcome to the most respectul poker strategy forum in Italy!

Grats for your perfomamces at the tables which are simply amazing.

Whenever you like here are my two cents' questions for you:

1) How long did it take to you to reach your current success?

2) In percentage, how would you share the time you needed to become
a successful ppp:
Playing experience
Study on books, HH
Coaching
Discussion with other players (forums, etc.)

Ty in advance

Thank you for the kind words Paolo.

1. I was first able to start making decent money (for me) Around April 2006, so about 6 months after I started to play seriously online. Poker was a lot easier back then, so you didn't have to be as good as you do now to have good results. There was a period of time where I felt I didn't need to study or work on my game anymore, and I started having poor results, so in January 2008 I rededicated myself to study and improvement and that's a point when I feel my game reached a higher level. A similar thing has recently happened, I have noticed I have become a little lazy with studying, so I have gotten back my focus to study and improve.

2. I think it depends on what level of play you are at. If you are a beginner, then it's important to read books and basic strategy posts online, and making sure you get a lot of play in too, so you can apply the new concepts you learn. Knowing a lot of information doesn't do you any good unless you can apply it to your game. Once you get to become a better player, I think coaching becomes more important, and has more value. For myself right now, I think the most important thing for me to do to keep improving is discuss strategy with other poker friends and study hands in sngwiz.

this

Welcome!!

Thanks!

sippin!!!! I'm uor big fan:D !! welcome in sir!

How's going our golf career?

p.s: sry for my english :/ :D

Thanks a lot Bazzor!

My golf is going ok. I moved to Arizona for the winter to improve my golf game and hopefully play in some professional events, in January my golf game was very good and I was going to play in some, but I had a 2k downswing on Pokerstars so I couldn't afford to play the tournaments. My golf game has gotten a little worse since then, so I have a bit of work to do but I am going to stay focussed and work very hard because being a pro golfer has always been my #1 dream.

Also I notice that a lot of you guys apologize or feel bad for the English you use but 99% of the time it is very easy for us to understand, so be happy!

Welcome Sippin!

lol, google translate said the 2nd part means "My Mom is awesome." but don't worry, I know what you're saying and thank you! You have to remember that most of the games I have played are only $16, so it may not be as impressive as it seems. Most people who have played that many games will have moved up to higher stakes, and because of that have big downswings and swingy looking graph. I also think it has stayed smooth because I try to blame myself for bad results, instead of blaming bad luck. If I play 500 $16s and make $0, I will take a few hours and study to make sure I get my game better, but a lot of people would just blame it on luck and keep having worse results.

Welcome aboard sippin!

Thanks Peter!

hello sippin pleasure!
What do you think of the player and the game of us Italians?

after questions about poker please come in "who does not post to be gay"

;-)

I love that you guys have a strong love for poker, you seem to love to play and love to improve, very competetive and want to always win and be the best. It is motivational for me to see something like that, and I have yet to see a group of players who share such a strong love/desire to win/competitive spirit.

Lol, I wish I knew what you guys were talking about.

You are right, I said exactly this to Jeko yesterday when he brought up my graph. I said "Lucky for me there is 50k games so you can't notice the 2k downswing I had in January" Hehehe.

u fish

:''''''''(

Scusate la domanda idiota ma che significano le cifre all'interno delle colonne nel grafico #games per tipo buy-in?

R.

You can filter sharkscope by buyin but you have to be a subscriber.

Calizzo
28-04-2010, 15:33
Nice post!!

You're very welcome man!!

pattolino
28-04-2010, 15:41
welcome sippin :)

congratulations and respect for your results :)

i have a question for you: how much time do you study, compared to hours of play?

For example: you play a session of 5 hours. How much hours do you study after this sessions?

thanks, and gl4all :);) and sorry 4 my english :D

Caesar85
28-04-2010, 15:49
Thank you Sippin!! :)
-You say: "Mostly I just taught myself by reading books". Which books have you read? What do you think about Moshman's "SNG strategy"?
-Who is in your opinion the best sng italian player?
Sorry for my English, ty and gl.. ;)

GrandeDrago
28-04-2010, 15:53
I haven't levelled up because I would always only play as much as I need to to pay my bills. I never had motivation to move up and be a millionaire, or be on TV. All I ever wanted was to be able to make an ok living and be comfortable. I finally tried to level up in January and played about 1,000 $27 + $38 sng's on Pokerstars and I lost about $1500. It would have been ok if I had plenty of money saved up, but I didn't so I had to move back down to $16s. I am comfortable there, and don't have to deal with big downswings so it is very relaxing which makes my life better.
I like this! You found your EV. GG!

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the info that you're sharing with us ;)

I can confirm drow's mom is very awesome! :D

(for drow: i'm joking dear :p)

TodayIsTheDay
28-04-2010, 15:55
lol, google translate said the 2nd part means "My Mom is awesome."

Ahahah, epic. XD

juliuscaesar
28-04-2010, 15:55
welcome sippin:)!!volevo sapere quali sono i tuoi obbiettivi pokeristici per il futuro?e quando smetterai di giocare a poker, cosa farai o speri di fare?

sippin_criss
28-04-2010, 15:59
Nice post!!

You're very welcome man!!

welcome sippin :)

congratulations and respect for your results :)

i have a question for you: how much time do you study, compared to hours of play?

For example: you play a session of 5 hours. How much hours do you study after this sessions?

thanks, and gl4all :);) and sorry 4 my english :D

Now, it is less, I probably will be studying something like 1 hour for every 10+ hours played. I am just making sure I keep fresh now, since I have gone over thousands and thousands of hands in sngwiz. I do not count the time I spend posting/reading on 2p2, I guess that would be another 1 hour or more for every 10 hours played. Usually I will just review 10 full HH in the morning before I started my poker for the day. I also keep notepad open while I play so I can track any interesting hands.

Your English is great!

Thank you Sippin!! :)
-You say: "Mostly I just taught myself by reading books". Which books have you read? What do you think about Moshman's "SNG strategy"?
-Who is in your opinion the best sng italian player?
Sorry for my English, ty and gl.. ;)

I haven't read a poker book for years, it was the two Harrington on Hold 'Em books which really improved my game, and a couple Phil Gordon books (lol) and they actually improved my game, so that tells you how bad my game was back then when a Phil Gordon book improved my game. I haven't read Moshman's book but he is a great, smart player. I met him in Dallas last fall and was very impressed with his poker skills, so I think any of his books would improve a players game.

I would say Rebellz is the best... even though he is sooooo mean to me :'( hehehe.

GALB
28-04-2010, 15:59
Sippin as you can see you are very appreciated from the community, if you want we can start here a "The Well sippin_criss".

Let me know :).

ILMOVIOLA
28-04-2010, 16:08
Hi Sippin, I love your ROI and graph, you said that you found a comfortable level at 16$, a lot of good regs (glitlr, swordfish007, losttrem...) grind this level instead going up. Do you think that you can grind them for many years or will become full of regs? What rakeback is offered on pokerstars.com?

I haven't levelled up because I would always only play as much as I need to to pay my bills. I never had motivation to move up and be a millionaire, or be on TV.
Great man!!!

fm43100
28-04-2010, 16:09
Lol, I wish I knew what you guys were talking about.

enjoy
http://forum.continuationbet.com/f24/chi-non-posta-e-gay-8146/index159.html#post306644

ty for reply!

You can get you some personal questions? type
how old are you? when you started? what are your beginnings? you had negative periods and if you like them have dealt with?

ILMOVIOLA
28-04-2010, 16:10
Sorry for my english, I learned it thanks to finalfantasy7......

BaZzoR85
28-04-2010, 16:10
[OT]: raga non fate domande in italiano plz:D

zio_slim
28-04-2010, 16:12
Hi Sippin

just wanted to tell you how bad of an idea was to start answering our questions, now you'll have to answer like 3 thousands times, good luck!

btw as a sign of gratitude, here's a link to this forum's best thread
http://forum.continuationbet.com/f24/chi-non-posta-e-gay-8146/

BaZzoR85
28-04-2010, 16:17
[ot]: we have sippin in skype rightnow!! lol good man!!!

sippin_criss
28-04-2010, 16:51
Sippin as you can see you are very appreciated from the community, if you want we can start here a "The Well sippin_criss".

Let me know :).

This one already seems like a well, I don't want you to bother with making 2 different topics for me.

Hi Sippin, I love your ROI and graph, you said that you found a comfortable level at 16$, a lot of good regs (glitlr, swordfish007, losttrem...) grind this level instead going up. Do you think that you can grind them for many years or will become full of regs? What rakeback is offered on pokerstars.com?

Great man!!!

With the new FPP rewards program I think Supernova rakeback is worth 31% now, but I can't remember what the exact % is. I know it used to be 27% and it increased in 2010.

enjoy
http://forum.continuationbet.com/f24/chi-non-posta-e-gay-8146/index159.html#post306644

ty for reply!

You can get you some personal questions? type
how old are you? when you started? what are your beginnings? you had negative periods and if you like them have dealt with?

I just turned 24 years old. I started playing a live game at the golf course I worked at when I was 19 and was hooked immediately. The game was soooo easy I crushed it and thought I was awesome at poker, so got my friend to deposit some $ online for me which I lost very quickly... I was not as good as I thought :).

I've had plenty of prolonged negative stretches, in early 2008 I broke even over 2500 $6.50s and $16s. This was because of my own poor play and I got lazy with my focus in game, and my studying out of the game. When things are going very bad I try to study a bit more, and do things in my normal life that make me happy so I am in a better state of mind for playing poker.

Sorry for my english, I learned it thanks to finalfantasy7......

lol :)

[OT]: raga non fate domande in italiano plz:D

Non è un problema

Hi Sippin

just wanted to tell you how bad of an idea was to start answering our questions, now you'll have to answer like 3 thousands times, good luck!

btw as a sign of gratitude, here's a link to this forum's best thread
http://forum.continuationbet.com/f24/chi-non-posta-e-gay-8146/

Hi zio, lol. Haha thanks for the link. Also nice avatar, <3 Kate 8===D.

Dizzy
28-04-2010, 16:59
This one already seems like a well, I don't want you to bother with making 2 different topics for me.

Thread renamed and moved in The Well section.
Thank you for dedicating to this thread part of your time.
(and gratz for your successful play ;) ).

P.S.:

If u link THIS PICTURE (http://www.cinetivu.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/salvatore-bagni.jpg) in your next post, you'll be our next Football Hero. It's very important for us to get your help! :) (It's a sort of "good luck" to Inter Football Club, playin tonight vs FC Barcelona for the Champion's League semifinal :) )

TheBeroz
28-04-2010, 17:44
OMG Welcome!!!!!

sippin_criss
28-04-2010, 17:59
http://www.cinetivu.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/salvatore-bagni.jpg

GOGOGOGOGO!!

Dizzy
28-04-2010, 18:00
I love you. No jokes :D

donriky
28-04-2010, 18:04
hAUhuHAUhauhAU COULD DIE NOW :D

Dizzy
28-04-2010, 18:19
Do you make a monthly / weekly / daily plan for your play ?
How many days/week do you play ?
How's an ideal day structured ?

Calizzo
28-04-2010, 18:20
Well I guess after sipping criss posting "Saver Toilets" pic we should be safe for tonight...

Thank you so much man!!!!

BaZzoR85
28-04-2010, 18:34

GOGOGOGOGO!!

OMGGG bauahahahahahh my HERO!!!:galb:

Miglio
28-04-2010, 18:40
welcom qui, but Bagni is a ugly man... very ugly... urribilus man... sgraat from inter people...

Fulvio
28-04-2010, 18:45

gogogogogo!!

imho best post ever.

Miglio
28-04-2010, 18:50
banno pure sto qui...

pattolino
28-04-2010, 18:54
no sippin, the man in the photo is a bad man...and tonight he will put an end to the dream of millions of people..sick life

but this is a well..the photo of bagni is not spam? :Dlol

ILMOVIOLA
28-04-2010, 19:03
Sippin if you still want win on sng you have to make a giant picture poster of this man in your grinding room.

Nononononono don't DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Use this!
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/3259/berlusconicorna.jpg (http://img231.imageshack.us/i/berlusconicorna.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Dizzy
28-04-2010, 19:10
dai ragà non è una discarica questo thread... ok a giocare ma non esageriamo :)
(sorry criss for all those OT...)

sippin_criss
28-04-2010, 19:11
Do you make a monthly / weekly / daily plan for your play ?
How many days/week do you play ?
How's an ideal day structured ?

I usually try and get a general idea of what's going on in the upcoming month and then see what I am going to do. For example in May I am going to be busy with friends and family on the weekends, so I have to make sure I do my playing and coaching during the week early in the day, because I play golf in the afternoons.

I'll probably play about 5 days a week on average.

An ideal day...lets see... wake up in bed next to 5 supermodels serving me a delicious breakfast. Go to the golf course and play 36 holes, after that go and get drunk with my friends, then come home to my 5 supermodels. Yep that's about an ideal day.

Pokerwise though, I'll wake up at 6:00am, check my emails/facebook, do some HH review etc, eat a good breakfast, then play 2 sets of 25 games. I'll take a short break here and have some food, then play 2 more sets of 25, another break for food, then 2 more sets. Once that's done my roommate will come home from work and off to the golf course we go :). I need to be a little bit better with my time management so I can get all of that finished, but I have just moved into a new apartment so still sorting out my regular routine.

sippin_criss
28-04-2010, 19:14
dai ragà non è una discarica questo thread... ok a giocare ma non esageriamo :)
(sorry criss for all those OT...)

Haha, I think it's hilarious/awesome. The way you guys get with football is just like me with hockey so I understand.

Dizzy
28-04-2010, 19:23
Haha, I think it's hilarious/awesome. The way you guys get with football is just like me with hockey so I understand.

short explanation:

Some guys on this forum are FC Inter fans... the big majority of the users (included myself obv. :D ), instead, literally HATE that team...

The man in that photo is a jinx for FC Inter... and we haters post that pic every time that Inter has to play a match :D (Barcelona - Inter starts in 10 minutes more or less...)
I think that a Yankee fan has the same feeling for New York Mets :D
Or maybe a Yankee fan can post this to a Red Sox fan:

http://www.legabarona.net/public/foto/babe.jpg

That's it:D

dr.cox88
28-04-2010, 19:32

GOGOGOGOGO!!

priceless! :heart:

btw congratulations for your results, man! very good game,
my question is about table selection, which I read is really important to you.
Can you tell us something about that? How do you table select?
Do you use table ninja opener to open SNGs?

Ty in advance

massi8183
28-04-2010, 19:38
welcome sippin_criss

how do you control tilt?
math or feel player?
what is your biggest motivation to play?
do you wish you was borned in another country? where?
you have any poker idols? real life idols?
favourite tv show? top3 movies?

thanks in advance

Omle
28-04-2010, 19:47
wowwww hi & welcome in cbet.it!!!
1)80% to u and 20% 4 me and i'll give u my ps.it account!!! or 100% to u, and u share with me the 5 supermodels!!

2)congratz 4 the results! :)

sippin_criss
28-04-2010, 20:15
Thanks for the explanation Dizzy :)

priceless! :heart:

btw congratulations for your results, man! very good game,
my question is about table selection, which I read is really important to you.
Can you tell us something about that? How do you table select?
Do you use table ninja opener to open SNGs?

Ty in advance

Thanks dr.cox :)

Yes table selection is important to me, there are times when there are 4+ regs playing in the same game in a $16 (!!!!!!) Obviously a lot of them are not that good, but even a player who breaks even is hurting your ROI by being in your game. I actually load fresh sets that nobody is in, I used to load in games if they had only 1-2 regs in them but quickly what would happen was 3+ braindead regs would hop in without looking. A problem with table selecting is that you can do it, but other regs may table select so poorly it messes you up. I know there are some regs who will not load games with me, and that's nice, but there are also some regs who never table select. That's wasting money.

I have an AHK script that allows me to one click register for games, along with other basic things like 2.5x, all in, etc.

welcome sippin_criss

how do you control tilt?
math or feel player?
what is your biggest motivation to play?
do you wish you was borned in another country? where?
you have any poker idols? real life idols?
favourite tv show? top3 movies?

thanks in advance

I control tilt by focussing on the process rather than results. When I get upset I ask myself if it is because I am playing bad, or because I made a good play with bad results. If it's bad play I try to take my head out of my butt and improve, and it's because of bad luck I do my best to accept it and move on. I also have a few songs I like to play when I am upset, but my tilt doesn't last for long. Since I stack 25 tables I usually don't even see the bad beats I end up taking so that helps a lot with controlling tilt as well. I think if I played 8 games at a time, tiled, I would have tilt freak out episodes.

Money is my biggest motivation. I want to support myself for a living and support myself as I pursue a professional golf career. It is quite expensive for someone just starting out in professional golf so it's going to be important that I can save up a lot of money for events I play in this upcoming fall/winter. I enjoy playing poker, but if I was rich I would not play very much at all and focus most of my time on golf.

I was born in Canada and I am very thankful for that. I've never wished I was born in another country, but there are a lot of countries I could have been born in that I'd also be happy about. More than anything I would love to travel to more places, I have only been to the USA and Korea. After seeing the support from you guys in this thread I think I would love to come visit Italy.

Poker idols... when I first started and was posting on PocketFives I loved JohnnyBax. I would always rail him when he went deep in MTT's and it was a lot of fun, I even made my Pokerstars icon a picture of him lol. If I wanted to be a poker millionaire, I think I would definitely idolize Durrrrr, Phil Ivey, Patrik Antonius, etc etc.

Real life idols... always been Tiger Woods as soon as I started playing golf. He will always be my favourite golfer even though it was disappointing to see how much he hurt his family. As I've gotten older I've learned these people are just regular people that happen to be good at games. People should spend more time idolizing people that are improving and changing other peoples lives for the better, and follow their lead.

I think Simpsons will always be my favourite TV show, but I love The Office, The Wire, and Lost. Dirty Work is my favourite movie, along with Pootie Tang, Step Brothers, and Wedding Crashers.

wowwww hi & welcome in cbet.it!!!
1)80% to u and 20% 4 me and i'll give u my ps.it account!!! or 100% to u, and u share with me the 5 supermodels!!

2)congratz 4 the results! :)

Thanks Omle, sounds fine to me, I'll send you a PM with pics of the 5 models and you can choose which two you want because I want 100% of your .it account.

Nectarus
28-04-2010, 20:37
Hi again criss; I know you coached some italian players for middle and high stakes. What do you think about the italian stars.it field? It's similiar to the stars.com or it's very different?

fm43100
28-04-2010, 20:45
I've had plenty of prolonged negative stretches, in early 2008 I broke even over 2500 $6.50s and $16s. This was because of my own poor play and I got lazy with my focus in game, and my studying out of the game. When things are going very bad I try to study a bit more, and do things in my normal life that make me happy so I am in a better state of mind for playing poker.

ty! is important to me but I like to know that many beginners start going broke can happen and that we must apply, study and play.
when it begins the most difficult to manage are the tilt doubt that they come and you risk losing the will to play
;)

sippin_criss
28-04-2010, 22:42
Hi again criss; I know you coached some italian players for middle and high stakes. What do you think about the italian stars.it field? It's similiar to the stars.com or it's very different?

I'm not too familiar with the level of play at the high stakes on Stars, other than all I've ever heard in the past few years is that it's totally reg filled and if you can get 0% roi you are doing well. Based on what I saw in the mid-high stakes games in the HH I reviewed from .it, there should be some money to be made in those games, but it seems a similar thing, very full of regulars, even if not all regulars are elite players they still make it difficult to show a profit. This leads to lots of variance even when you are one of the top players.

Dizzy
28-04-2010, 22:56
I'm not too familiar with the level of play at the high stakes on Stars, other than all I've ever heard in the past few years is that it's totally reg filled and if you can get 0% roi you are doing well. Based on what I saw in the mid-high stakes games in the HH I reviewed from .it, there should be some money to be made in those games, but it seems a similar thing, very full of regulars, even if not all regulars are elite players they still make it difficult to show a profit. This leads to lots of variance even when you are one of the top players.

So quit the 100€ on .it in order to play 55$ on FTP (with less rake and less regs) is an option we have to consider ? (Given the differences between the two fields... I mean.. on 55$ on FTP I think you won't find so many crazy senseless players...)

sippin_criss
28-04-2010, 23:51
So quit the 100€ on .it in order to play 55$ on FTP (with less rake and less regs) is an option we have to consider ? (Given the differences between the two fields... I mean.. on 55$ on FTP I think you won't find so many crazy senseless players...)

You would have to do some information gathering. How many games/hour you can get on each site, what the top attainable ROI's are for the best regs. You should be happy to be playing with crazy senseless players though.

thesegoto_11
29-04-2010, 00:32
Hi Sippin, how do you feel about hijacking attention from my "the well" to yours (which is by the way like 10000 times more interesting than mine)?

On a serious note: welcome, and ty for being here.

teonzo
29-04-2010, 01:49
Hi Sippin,

as we know the ability of being focused while playing is simply the most important skill in poker.
How much attention do you pay about this (preparing your mind to be focused)? I mean, it's obvious that having regular and natural living rhythms and playing golf are a huge help to keep a healthy mind, but do you pay attention even to all the other factors like nutrition, mental exercises and so on? If so, can you tell us your point of view about this matter for a PPP?
Do you think that having a regular and healthy daily schedule gives you some advantages on the regulars that keep a "degen" way of life?

Teo

sippin_criss
29-04-2010, 05:02
Hi Sippin, how do you feel about hijacking attention from my "the well" to yours (which is by the way like 10000 times more interesting than mine)?

On a serious note: welcome, and ty for being here.

Now I feel bad, maybe I will buy you a present. What's your favourite flower?

Hi Sippin,

as we know the ability of being focused while playing is simply the most important skill in poker.
How much attention do you pay about this (preparing your mind to be focused)? I mean, it's obvious that having regular and natural living rhythms and playing golf are a huge help to keep a healthy mind, but do you pay attention even to all the other factors like nutrition, mental exercises and so on? If so, can you tell us your point of view about this matter for a PPP?
Do you think that having a regular and healthy daily schedule gives you some advantages on the regulars that keep a "degen" way of life?

Teo

Hi Teo,

As for preparation there are a few things I do. I make sure I am alert and focussed before even bothering loading games. If I am a little tired or in a bad mood I absolutely will not bother playing. I will go do something like take a quick nap to refresh myself, or go get something to eat to cheer myself up. That's another thing, is food. I must always have food, I don't play more than 2 sets in a row without at least having a snack. I tend to let my anger get a bit out of hand when I am hungry. Lastly it may sound funny or weird but I make sure I don't have to go to the bathroom :).

I focus on nutrition and health as well. I follow a healthy diet, and get regular exercise. I eat good healthy food and I eat regularly, every 2-3 hours, and also drink a lot of water. I always have water with me at the computer. Over the winter I was very focussed on my health and nutrition and always felt great throughout the day. I was a little unhealthy my last few days before I moved back to Canada last weekend, and I am still working on getting back into all healthy habits, and I can notice I am a little more tired while I play because of not being as healthy, and that's only 4-5 days of being unhealthy.

I also get a good 8 hours of sleep every night. I think if the average ppp made small changes in diet, did exercise a few times a week, and had healthy sleeping habits that their games would improve big time. It's not like you have to make a big change, you can still eat pizza, drink alcohol, whatever. Just do it less often, and do good stuff a little bit more often.

thesegoto_11
29-04-2010, 11:18
Now I feel bad, maybe I will buy you a present. What's your favourite flower?

Too late! I already committed suicide.

In my next reincarnation I'd like to know what you think about 15 man sngs turbo. I know that's a pretty uncommon formula, but we have it on the ipoker.it network and they are very successful (the starting ratio with 9 mans is like 5 to 1). The payout for the 100 euros is 675, 405 and 270, with only 3 spots paid, blind levels are 4 mins, for a total of 12 levels, you seat 5 handed and normally you'll have at least 6 regs in it (say 3 good regs, 3 bad ones). Do you think variance would be too high? Would you grind those as well if you had the chance? What you think would be a sustainable ROI for a decent reg, what for a good reg and what for a top reg in those, say over a 5k games sample?

Tytytytyty for your time.

GrandeDrago
29-04-2010, 15:56
hi shipping (that's your right nickname :D hahahaha excuse me i'm lol)

did u ever try to play HU sng? and what u think about them?

teonzo
29-04-2010, 17:04
I eat good healthy food and I eat regularly

Q: You are what you eat.
A: I'm a pussy.

Is that correct?

Teo

Luciom
29-04-2010, 17:22
Hi there, I appreciate your contribution to our community.

I have a somewhat serious question related to your choice of not levelling up.

I suppose u r making around 60k$/year (prolly some more with coaching etc), which ofc is a fine salary but nothing huge or life-changing, nothing that allows u to stop with a decent liferoll and look around for some years to find the next-big-thing.

Do u ever think about what u'll do when/if sngs as a moneymaking opportunity will stop to exist? what's your Plan B if massgrinding 16$9max turbo isnt profitable anymore (for lack of action of mass of regulars playing them) ?

Utens31
29-04-2010, 17:41
Hi Sippin! great to read you!:):)
I saw in some of yours videos (maybe only cause they're a bit older) that when you want to review hands in wiz, you do it manually,instead of using a script that allows you to do it simply by clicking a button from the HM.
I know is not a big deal but when you review your game in this way, it's all smoother and even make you save time. :cool:

sippin_criss
29-04-2010, 20:03
Too late! I already committed suicide.

In my next reincarnation I'd like to know what you think about 15 man sngs turbo. I know that's a pretty uncommon formula, but we have it on the ipoker.it network and they are very successful (the starting ratio with 9 mans is like 5 to 1). The payout for the 100 euros is 675, 405 and 270, with only 3 spots paid, blind levels are 4 mins, for a total of 12 levels, you seat 5 handed and normally you'll have at least 6 regs in it (say 3 good regs, 3 bad ones). Do you think variance would be too high? Would you grind those as well if you had the chance? What you think would be a sustainable ROI for a decent reg, what for a good reg and what for a top reg in those, say over a 5k games sample?

Tytytytyty for your time.

Wow interesting. I've never heard of these games before. I think you could probably show a decent profit (no idea really what) by being very aggressive. I would assume that the players with the highest ROI in these games are the ones that are very aggressive in position, and good hand readers. A player with experience in 6max NL would probably crush these games. I think I would at least put in a sample with them to see how my results were. Paying only the top 20% of players would seem to lead to a fair bit of variance and ootm stretches though.

hi shipping (that's your right nickname :D hahahaha excuse me i'm lol)

did u ever try to play HU sng? and what u think about them?

Hehe, I wish! I've played a tiny sample of them and helped out a friend who plays them exclusively. I think if you play those and you game select well you should be able to make a lot of money. Personally I have spent so much time working on my 9 man game and I make ok money at them that I could not justify switching to another game unless I had a very good reason to do it.

Q: You are what you eat.
A: I'm a pussy.

Is that correct?

Teo

Must be nice. I have almost forgotten what a naked girl looks like. 2 months is a long long time.

Hi there, I appreciate your contribution to our community.

I have a somewhat serious question related to your choice of not levelling up.

I suppose u r making around 60k$/year (prolly some more with coaching etc), which ofc is a fine salary but nothing huge or life-changing, nothing that allows u to stop with a decent liferoll and look around for some years to find the next-big-thing.

Do u ever think about what u'll do when/if sngs as a moneymaking opportunity will stop to exist? what's your Plan B if massgrinding 16$9max turbo isnt profitable anymore (for lack of action of mass of regulars playing them) ?

I don't have a backup plan for the time being. This is why I am trying grind more this year. I took February off, and have still played nearly 9k games this year which averages 3k a month. I want to maintain this for as long as I can, because I think it will be at least 2 years before I can make a similar/better living playing professional golf. If sng's "died" I'm sure I could find something that I could make money at because I am motivated and willing to work very hard.

Hi Sippin! great to read you!:):)
I saw in some of yours videos (maybe only cause they're a bit older) that when you want to review hands in wiz, you do it manually,instead of using a script that allows you to do it simply by clicking a button from the HM.
I know is not a big deal but when you review your game in this way, it's all smoother and even make you save time. :cool:

Zomg. How do you do this? Please teach me! :heart:

SuorGermana
30-04-2010, 00:37

http://forum.continuationbet.com/223403-post1.html

"
- Wizhud (creato da Hood di 2+2) e scaricabile qui (http://forum.continuationbet.com/redirect-to/?redirect=http://media.pokercomment.com/tools/wizhud.1.41.zip)
- HEM Shortcuts (creato da Hood di 2+2) e scaricabile qui (http://www.sickread.com/blog/article/ahk-script-holdem-manager-shortcuts/)"

thesegoto_11
30-04-2010, 10:41
Hi again Sippin,
back again on the 15 man topic, and very serious question: there is a reg in those who really seems to ignore the basics of a winning sng strategy but is showing a 5% ROI over a 20k games sample (mixed 9 man and 15 thou, all turbos). I'm talking about a guy who normally opens UTG at the first level of a 9 man, someone 3 bets him from UTG+1, someone else pushes the button and he stacks off with the mighty AQs. I am talking of a guy who in a 15 man limps c/o A7o at the first level, calls the sb 5x raise and then stacks off on the 557 rainbow flop. A guy who calls the push from the guy who covers him with ATo on the bubble of a 15 man for 15 bbs with 2 shorts at 2 bbs. A guy who completes 49o on 200/400 BBs with a stack of 1200 chips.
Note: this is a serious question and not even by far any sort of flame: I know for a fact the guy isn't reading this, I'll not say his name and I honestly want to know what you think about this. Note that the guy is always playing like this and these are not spots in which he could have been tilted or something, it is just the way he plays. Now, as I am NOT a sgn specialist, I really wanted to know: is there something I am not getting about the game? Aren't the spots I highlighted as bad as I perceive 'em?

Ty again for your time

Utens31
30-04-2010, 13:40
I was suspicious that you didn't knew thoose things...:galb:
With this scripts is way more easy to study the game....:fishing_h4h:...don't worry you'll repay me for this info with just 20-30 hours of free coaching ;)

KKFiaccola
30-04-2010, 14:09
3k Post: How To Learn Good Them SNGs (tl;dr) - STT Poker Strategy - Single Table Tournament Poker Forum (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/36/stt-strategy/3k-post-how-learn-good-them-sngs-tl-dr-625856/)

GrandeDrago
30-04-2010, 17:37
what are the most frequent leaks that you correct when coaching your "students"? :)

sippin_criss
30-04-2010, 18:17
http://forum.continuationbet.com/223403-post1.html

"
- Wizhud (creato da Hood di 2+2) e scaricabile qui (http://media.pokercomment.com/tools/wizhud.1.41.zip)
- HEM Shortcuts (creato da Hood di 2+2) e scaricabile qui (http://www.sickread.com/blog/article/ahk-script-holdem-manager-shortcuts/)"

Thank you!!!:heart:

Hi again Sippin,
back again on the 15 man topic, and very serious question: there is a reg in those who really seems to ignore the basics of a winning sng strategy but is showing a 5% ROI over a 20k games sample (mixed 9 man and 15 thou, all turbos). I'm talking about a guy who normally opens UTG at the first level of a 9 man, someone 3 bets him from UTG+1, someone else pushes the button and he stacks off with the mighty AQs. I am talking of a guy who in a 15 man limps c/o A7o at the first level, calls the sb 5x raise and then stacks off on the 557 rainbow flop. A guy who calls the push from the guy who covers him with ATo on the bubble of a 15 man for 15 bbs with 2 shorts at 2 bbs. A guy who completes 49o on 200/400 BBs with a stack of 1200 chips.
Note: this is a serious question and not even by far any sort of flame: I know for a fact the guy isn't reading this, I'll not say his name and I honestly want to know what you think about this. Note that the guy is always playing like this and these are not spots in which he could have been tilted or something, it is just the way he plays. Now, as I am NOT a sgn specialist, I really wanted to know: is there something I am not getting about the game? Aren't the spots I highlighted as bad as I perceive 'em?

Ty again for your time

You still didn't tell me your favourite flower? :). Obviously this guy is making some horrible, spewy, godawful plays that are out of this world bad, therefore he shouldn't be winning at the rate he is. I want to call it variance but 20,000 games is quite a sample size. I have seen similar things in strong winning players in my games over the years, they make horrible spewy plays game after game yet still win a nice amount. The best thing I can guess is he does some very good non-standard things that are hard to notice, that for whatever reason allow him to keep making a profit. He somehow manages to get away with it while making horrible plays, but don't let it make you think you should start making the awful plays he does!!

I was suspicious that you didn't knew thoose things...:galb:
With this scripts is way more easy to study the game....:fishing_h4h:...don't worry you'll repay me for this info with just 20-30 hours of free coaching ;)

Haha sounds like a fair deal.

3k Post: How To Learn Good Them SNGs (tl;dr) - STT Poker Strategy - Single Table Tournament Poker Forum (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/36/stt-strategy/3k-post-how-learn-good-them-sngs-tl-dr-625856/)

Thank you, this is a very good thread for anyone who plays sngs.

what are the most frequent leaks that you correct when coaching your "students"? :)

Generally not shoving wide enough in spots where they can shove atc or close to it, and not calling nearly wide enough vs players who are shoving wide.

I also want to say to all of you thank you for being so kind to me and this is a lot of fun. You guys are great!

Mike
01-05-2010, 10:42
Hi, what kind of stats or i don't know spot would you look for in your database in order to exploit other regs and find some leaks in their game?

lorenzissimo
01-05-2010, 13:02
Hi sippin, I play ring games so I don't have anything poker-related to ask you that nobody has already asked.

What do you think if I say "Berlusconi"? What do North Americans think about him?

Atreides
01-05-2010, 22:30
hi sippin, thanks for being here :)
which stats do you use in your HUD?
what is your "additional HUD filters" setting?
What would you do if you were not a poker player?
How do you imagine your life 20 years from now?
ty

sippin_criss
03-05-2010, 23:33
Hi, what kind of stats or i don't know spot would you look for in your database in order to exploit other regs and find some leaks in their game?

Outside of the basic ones from a varying range of vpip/pfr numbers, what I look at most often is steal%. If a player I play with has an extremely high steal% I will 3bet the hell out of him relentlessly (assuming he is smart enough to not call off w/ very weak hands, since that decreases my fold equity and fold equity is very important when 3 betting an aggressive player with a weak hand)

Hi sippin, I play ring games so I don't have anything poker-related to ask you that nobody has already asked.

What do you think if I say "Berlusconi"? What do North Americans think about him?

I know nothing of him other than he is Italy's PM. There is not a lot of European news here in Canada unfortunately so we are a bit in the dark, similar to a lot of people in the USA not knowing anything about Canada.

hi sippin, thanks for being here :)
which stats do you use in your HUD?
what is your "additional HUD filters" setting?
What would you do if you were not a poker player?
How do you imagine your life 20 years from now?
ty

Hi Atreides, it's been a pleasure.

I use the default stats shown in HEM's hud. The stats I pay the most attention to are VPI/PFR/Steal%. Sometimes when I am contemplating making a thin fold or call I will look at villains AF as well and that can be helpful.

I would be playing professional golf, and that is what I am working towards right now. If I didn't have poker or golf I'd be completely lost. Nothing else in this world interests me enough to pursue a lifelong career at it, other than various sports I played growing up, but as a 24 year old now it would be a little late to pursue a career in professional hockey or baseball.

20 years from now I expect to be married, maybe 2 children. Hopefully I will be playing on the PGA Tour and have had a successful career up to that point, and I expect I will have great relationships with my close family and friends like I do right now.

lemming78
05-05-2010, 01:36
Hi Sippin, i saw your results graph and it's something amazing. I would like to ask you some questions.
- Have you ever allowed your downswing influence real life?
- Are u married /girlfriend? What they say about playing poker? I don't know there, but here in Italy there are a lot of people thinking poker like an hazard game, that will bring you to lost everything.
- Your graph seems a straight line. Variance is not included i think, given the very big sample. So the question is.. how is possibile to keep edge like you do?

Ok i don't want you to think that answer to these questions is too much ev- so i stop here:) Thank you, i really admire you and your journey/trip (i can't find the right word i hope you'll understand:))

sippin_criss
10-05-2010, 18:17
Hi Sippin, i saw your results graph and it's something amazing. I would like to ask you some questions.
- Have you ever allowed your downswing influence real life?
- Are u married /girlfriend? What they say about playing poker? I don't know there, but here in Italy there are a lot of people thinking poker like an hazard game, that will bring you to lost everything.
- Your graph seems a straight line. Variance is not included i think, given the very big sample. So the question is.. how is possibile to keep edge like you do?

Ok i don't want you to think that answer to these questions is too much ev- so i stop here:) Thank you, i really admire you and your journey/trip (i can't find the right word i hope you'll understand:))

Thanks lemming!

I have definitely let poker affect my mood in real life, I would say 99% of poker players have done the same. I make a strong effort not to though, and anytime I can feel that poker is affecting my day to day life I do everything I can to avoid that and get into doing things that make me happy and take my mind off poker.

I am not married and don't have a girlfriend, the girls I have dated in the past have been ok with poker. Generally, most of the people I meet in Canada think it's pretty cool and they are impressed, especially when they hear that I make videos and do coaching. There will always be people who look at poker negatively and have stubborn views about it, but that's fine.

I keep my edge by working harder at my game and focussing more while I play than other players. I have probably spent more hours studying in sngwiz than almost, if not every $16 regular, and when I feel my game getting worse I immediately study to get it back into shape. Also I almost never tilt, or at least let tilt affect my game, so that helps me a lot in the long term.

Elle
13-05-2010, 01:36
hi Sippin! i'm Alessandro!
nice lesson!

sippin_criss
13-05-2010, 02:24
hi Sippin! i'm Alessandro!
nice lesson!

Thanks Alessandro! I look forward to doing more coaching with you.

Foldosempre
03-02-2014, 15:39
Il 2013 di sippin agli hyper 6max (fonte il suo challenge su 2+2) ^^

http://i.imgur.com/13ZDJdV.png

Hai visto?no more money in sng :)